These quick English style breakfast scones bake up light & fluffy & are a wonderful treat for breakfast or afternoon tea.
Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 6 Scones
2 cups of cake or bread flour
2 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line your baking sheet or use just a touch of oil.
- In your mixing bowl add in all of your dry ingredients and mix.
- Add in the butter and crumble with your hands or a potato masher.
- Add in the water and mix until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into six balls.
- Place on the tray and back for 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy with some vegan butter, jam and coconut cream.
*Recipe and photos by Michaela Leach @health_alignment