Bake up a batch of these delicious Christmas Cookies to make your Festive Season celebration complete.
Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 30-50 cookies depending on desired size.
2 3/4 cups of cake Flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of flora vegan at room temperature
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2/3 cup of icing sugar
1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
3-4 tablespoons of plant based milk
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and spray your baking tray.
- In your mixing bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Flour your kitchen surface and dust your rolling pin with some flour.
- Roll your dough out just under 0.5 cm or as thin as you like.
- Using your desired cookie cutters or a glass, cut out your cookies and place on the baking tray to bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden. You may need to do 2 or 3 trays of cookies depending on the size of your tray.
- Once finished baking, remove from tray using a fork and place onto a cooling rack to completely cool down before icing.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the icing.
- Scoop into an icing bag or you can just spread it on your cookies.Enjoy!
*Recipe and photos by Michaela Leach @health_alignment