Time: 2 hours
2 cups cake flour
1/4 cup corn flour
3/4 cup of castor sugar
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
1/2 cup of cold water
1 tin of coconut milk
1/2 cup of plant-based milk
1 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 tablespoons of corn flour
Cinnamon for topping
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and spray your tart tin.
- In your mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients for your crust.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until you have a dough.
- Place the dough into your pie tin and press down evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- Place your tin of coconut milk and sugar into a pot on the stove and bring to boil. Mix together the remaining plant-based milk with the corn flour.
- Add to your pot and stir until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Pour the mixture into your baked crust and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and enjoy!
*Recipe and photos by Michaela Leach @health_alignment