Makes: 6 cups
Time: 1 hour
For the chocolate bottom and top layer:
- 1/2 cup nova dark choc chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the peanut butter filling
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Serve with an additional drizzle of melted chocolate.
- Melt your chocolate over a double boiler (heat proof bowl over a pot of boiling water) and add in your coconut oil. Mix until chocolate has melted.
- Place your silicon or paper cupcake wrappers in your muffin tray.
- Pour about just over a tablespoon of the melted dark chocolate to form the bottom layer and place in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Mix together the ingredients for your peanut butter filling.
- Add your peanut butter filling on top of the first layer.
- Pour the reminding melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and place back in the freezer to set for 2 hours. Remove from molds and enjoy as is or serve with a drizzle of melted chocolate.
* Recipe and photos by Michaela Leach @health_alignment