Simple, homemade version of this classic Italian bread. Perfect as a starter or to add to any platter!
2 ½ cups cake flour plus ¼ cup more for dusting
2 teaspoons of instant yeast
1 teaspoon of white sugar
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of warm water
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoon fresh crushed garlic
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
½ teaspoon of crushed chillies (optional)
Salt and pepper
- Mix together all your dry ingredients. Add in the warm water and mix until the dough forms. If your mixture is slightly dry just keep adding little bits of warm water until the mixture forms a dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it for a good 5-10 minutes.
- Place the dough back into the mixing bowl and cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven once your dough has risen and roll out your dough to fit your baking tray or pizza pan.
- Spread your olive oil evenly over your base.
- Add your crushed garlic and other toppings.
- Place your base in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and slice it up and enjoy!
*Recipe and photos by Michaela Leach @health_alignment