This homemade pasta recipe is yummy and vegan so anyone can enjoy! For this recipe you can use either a pin roller or a pasta machine (we used a pasta machine).
1 1/2 C - All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 C - Semolina Flour (or sub for more all-purpose flour)
1 tsp - Salt
3/4 C - Water
2 tsp - Olive Oil
1. In a cup whisk together olive oil & water, then set aside.
2. Mix the flour, semolina & salt in a bowl. Create a well in the center of the bowl. Pour in a little of the olive oil & water mixture. Mix together until combined. Keep adding oil/water mixture until a nice dough forms. *Do not add too much water as you want the dough to be on the dryer side.
3. Transfer dough to a working surface and knead to a smooth soft dough for 10 min. (If the mixture is too wet and sticky to touch add more flour, if the dough is too dry and not forming well add a little bit more water).
3. Form dough into ball, wrap in baking paper or wax paper and let set in the refrigerator for 45 min.
4. After the dough has refrigerated, cut into 4 equal pieces.
5. For pasta machine: You may need to cut dough into smaller pieces depending on the size of your machine. Follow the directions of your pasta machine. Once you run the pasta through the machine dust some flour over the sliced strips of dough, separate strips if needed and lay them loosely into several bundles to create nests. Continue this process until you finish all remaining dough. See step 6.
No pasta machine: Flour your work surface and rolling pin and roll 1 ball of dough at a time into a large thin sheet. Try and get the dough as thin is possible. Once you rolled out all the dough pieces, cut the roll into strips (we made fettuccini noodle hence the size stripes). *Cut pasta into desired thickness. Then dust some flour over the sliced strips of dough and lay them loosely into several bundles to create nests. Continue this process until you finish all remaining dough.
6. Leave pasta nest to dry out for a minimum of 30 minutes.
7. To cook, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add past and cook until tender about 3 min, strain pasta.
8. Serve with your favourite pasta sauce and enjoy!