This delicous, tangy Lemon Tart pairs perfectly with afternoon tea.
Time: 3 hours
Makes: 1 large tart
2 cups of cake flour
2/3 cup of brown sugar
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup melted vegan butter/coconut oil
1/8 cup of cold water
1 tin coconut milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 heaped tablespoon of corn flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C and spray your pie tin or dish.
- In your mixing bowl, add in all of your dry ingredients and mix.
- Add in the wet ingredients and combine until you have a dough.
- Place the dough into your dish and spread out evenly using your hands.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, while you start with the lemon filling.
- Place a sauce pan on the stove at medium to high heat and place 2/3 of the coconut milk in pan along with the sugar and lemon juice. Bring to boil.
- Mix the remaining coconut milk and corn flour together.
- Turn the heat down on the stove and mix in the corn flour mix and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Pour your lemon coconut mixture into your pie dish and allow to cool on the counter before transferring to the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- Decorate with some lemon slices and enjoy!
*Recipe and photos by Michaela Leach @health_alignment