A sweet, open-faced, rustic pie to be enjoyed as a summer dessert.
Time: 1 Hour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/4 cup castor sugar
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup plus 1 heaped tablespoon of vegan butter/margarine
3 tablespoons ice cold water
3 nectarines sliced
3 tablespoons of castor sugar
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Vegan Ice Cream
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In your food processor add in all of the dry ingredients for the pastry.
- Add in the vegan margarine and pulse.
- Add in the cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse until a ball forms.
- Flour your surface and roll your dough out until about 5mm thick.
- Place the rolled dough onto your sprayed baking tray.
- Slice your nectarines and place them in the center of the dough leaving some space around the edges of the dough to fold in.
- Sprinkle the castor sugar over the fruit.
- Fold in the edges on pastry to semi cover the nectarines.
- Place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes until slightly golden.
- Mix together the ingredients for your glaze.
- Remove from the oven and coat with your glaze. Serve with a sprinkle of icing sugar or vegan ice cream and enjoy!
*Recipe and photos by Michaela Leach @health_alignment