Homemade Hot Cross Buns, the perfect addition for your Easter brunch!
Time: 1 Hour 30 minutes
2 cups cake flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons of yeast
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Zest of 2 oranges
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of raisins
Juice of 1 orange
1/4 cup of coconut oil melted
+- 1/2 cup of water slightly warm
1 tablespoon of apricot jam
3 tablespoons of flour
4 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of apricot jam
1 tablespoon of water
- In your mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough using your hands for about 5 minutes.
- Spray your baking dish.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal parts and roll into round balls.
- Place in your baking dish and cover. Put in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes.
- Mix together the ingredients for your crosses and place the mixture in your piping bag. Pipe crosses or whatever pattern you fancy onto your buns.
- Preheat your oven to 180. Once your balls have risen place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Once finished baking mix together the apricot jam and water and wipe the glaze on top of the hot cross buns.Enjoy!
*Recipe and photos by Michaela Leach @health_alignment