Falafel MixRegular price R 32.00
Very popular Mediterranean dish. This delicious falafel mix is a must try and super easy to make!
Two flavours to choose from:
- Classic Mix: Cumin, coriander, cilantro.
- Crazy Mix: Beetroot, cardamom, poppy and hint more chilli.
Instructions (for 10 -12 falafel):
- Measure a portion of the pre-mix powder by volume or weight.
- Weight: 110g
- Add 1 tsp. salt
- Add 200ml boiling water and give a quick mix. No longer than 30 seconds!
- Cover the mixture with a plate and let it stand for 10 mins.
- Roll into balls of about 2 cm diameter then flatten into discs for shallow frying or baking.
- Heat oil.
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Or you can deep fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Grease a non-stick pan using your favourite oil.
- Place the falafels on the pan and brush them with oil.
- Bake for more or less 15 minutes, depending on your oven, turning the falafels over midway.
If your hands start getting sticky when rolling falafels, embrace it. Keep a bowl of water near you, and keep your hands wet to make rolling easier.
Add extra chilli powder or cayenne pepper for extra spicy falafel.
Nutritional Information: per 100g
Energy: 1171 KJ
Protein : 14.4g
Glycaemic Carbohydrate 32.5g
of which Total Sugar 4.2g
Total Fat 4.72g
of which Saturated Fat 0.75g
Total Sodium 885mg